3 More Belted Kingfishers

I have had a Kingfisher hang out in one of my neighbors trees for short periods of time. This happens every few years. But getting close to them is almost impossible. This is 3 consecutive images as a composite. I really don’t care for the sky as a BG but that is what they frequently give me. It is what it is. No luck this year as of yet. I think this was late Sept. 2017.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 800, 200-500 at 500, f8, 2500th, handheld, D500.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice flight sequence. Good detail in all three shots.

The last bird in the sequence seems to be rather soft, David. But kingfisher is a very tough bird. Hopefully, he will give you a treat this year! Have you seen the female around?

I have not seen the female around. This image was reprocessed from a jpeg. I didn’t add any sharpening but did noise reduction with Topaz AI.

What a cool composite, David. I love the three wing positions and all three shots are very sharp. Well done.

Hi David
I am just going to add, nice work.
Peter

Yeah, these fast little birds are tough to get close to for sure. I really like the composite you’ve got here but I agree with Adhika about the third image being a little tiny bit soft. You can probably fix that since it sounds like you didn’t sharpen it at all. I like the wing position in the first shot. best! Great capture David!