A silent moment

I found this silent spot in the park nearby. And there are so many more possibilities . I don’t have to go far and reach it on my bike.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is always more than welcome .

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

4 Likes

Very well done Ben, great light, nice composition, and a little mist thrown in for good measure. The way you have used the light here is wonderful. I’m ashamed to admit that when the seasons roll around to the monochromatic greens of summer that I get lazy and have a harder time getting motivated to get out and photograph. This image, and others in your recent series, are a great illustration of the way to do summer right. You have made it all about the light and composition, color is secondary. You are inspiring me to get out and try stuff like this myself, thank you for the motivation.

1 Like

Very nice Ben, and so great that you don’t have to go far! The greens are lovely, and that mist in the background creates very nice separation between the tree and background. The only thing I might suggest is a slight crop off the right to get rid of that bunch of reed tops, which are a minor distraction for me.

Very moody image Ben. I just love the fog hanging in the background which helps focus the viewers attention on the foreground. You have a nice leading line from the LRC in the pond straight to the tree and a beautiful shift in color along that same line. Yes, everything is green but it’s not monotonous and you have gorgeous light. As @Ed_McGuirk said, when you have the monotony of all green, it gets very challenging to come up with inspiring stuff but this is very well seen and composed and the slight shift on the green color spectrum with the warm light hitting that one spot in the tree that cool blue fog really draws my attention.

This is so beautiful, and I love every inch and corner of it.

How beautiful! Isn’t it fun to go photogging by bike? I love doing that. This scene is so peaceful. As Ed said, the light and composition are wonderful. The various shades of green add to the interest, too.

This is very nice.
Absolutely love this one. Love the mood, the soft light, the monochromatic green .

@Ed_McGuirk , @Craig_Moreau , @Bonnie_Lampley , @David_Haynes , @joaoquintela , @Barbara_Graham ,While I myself had some doubt’s about this image. Made next to a rather busy highway (in the misty background).I am so happy with all your positive comments. They give me courage to go on.
Happy to get others like @Ed_McGuirk motivated! And to show that near your home on a bike is a lot of inspiration to find.
Thank you all ! :blush: :smiley:

Ben, this image is superb in every aspect. This is true art. I would rather view an original image like this a thousand times more than some overviewed icon. This was masterfully and thoughtfully composed and captured. It invites the viewer to slow down and explore the entire image and truly become a part of the image. It makes an emotional impact, and that’s the goal of every image but the result in very few. Two thumbs WAY UP!

Of course, I had to download it and play with it just to see if perfection could be improved upon. I cropped just a sliver off the left side and brightened the highlights in the leaves on the tree and FG bushes just a wee bit (6%). Don’t know if it helped or hurt, but it was fun to try.

EDIT: After comparing the two, I’ve decided I like your composition better than my cropped version. Also, the dodging of the highlights looks so small that I really can’t tell a difference. I do think that dodging the highlights a bit more may be an option though.

@Bill_Chambers , Bill thank you for this amazing comment on an image I myself had doubt’s about.
I work mostly by feel and not so much by knowledge about how and rules. Your remarks give me a lot more confidence in my work. And making me to go ahead.

1 Like