A small butterfly

I see these every once in a while and they tend to stay hidden and sit for a while. So I did this close up.

I did a square crop on this one. I would have preferred getting the top wing more focus but that was not possible. Used my Canon 6D ii and the 180 macro lens. 1/250 f/13 iso 800. Used the twin flash with diffusers

3 Likes

A stunning little beauty. Such intricate markings. Flash looks good!

You really got some nice details and can even see the green eyes! Beautiful image!

Wonderful composition and detail – amazing how camouflaged the body is. You got enough in focus that the wingtip doesn’t bother me. The BG is nicely subdued.

Dean, this is a fine look at this little beauty. I too am not bothered by the wing tip being a bit soft, you got most of him nice and sharp. The squire crop works well for me. Nicely done with the lighting too.

Dean,

This is a metalmark butterfly with several species in the complex listed as being endangered, Awesome sharpness and the butterfly is very sharp. I like this as presented…Jim

A striking image Dean - the butterfly really pops! Nice diagonal and the sharpness is enough to make this a very pleasing image.