A thin line

Last week I found some Bar-tailed Godwits in breeding plumage. Migrating they are, as we normally have them only in winter and in winter plumage. So, I was happy to see them in full colours for once :slight_smile: . Thanks for any comments and have a good weekend, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with 500mm f 4 | 1/25000s | f5 | ISO320 | overexposed 2/3EV | handheld while lying on wet sand

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is a dandy shot. Good for you to get down to eye level. It adds to the beach scene habitat as do the frothy waves in bg. It is always surprising how there are so many complimentary colors there are for the birds in their habitat. Lovely. A very colorful bird in summer plumage and you captured it well.

A great combination of pastels and bright colors with superb color contrast. As always your depth of field is remarkable. Perhaps a tad more at the top to move the water line to 1/3 of the image. I wish I could get this low.

The plumage is truly beautiful. Love the POV and that you chose a frame that allows a view of the long beak. The wave in the BG has the potential to be a distraction, but I think it adds interest here. If mine, I’d add a bit of contrast with a curves layer.

Nice low POV. Colors and detail are excellent and I like the feeding pose. The splashing wave sets the scene nicely.

1 Like

Very cool image Hans love the low angle and beautiful breeding colors, another crop that I think would work well would be to take some from the bottom and right.