Abandoned entrance

This one was found by my wife Ria, while we were on our bikes scouting for images. A lot of times she is pointing me on good possibilities. She made this one on the Sony RX100.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback more than welcome !

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony rx100, F11, 1/60, iso800.

2 Likes

This is such a visual delight Ben. There is a lot going on but I love the sprinkling of yellow and the old fence id placed perfectly.

This is a real beauty, Ben. It captures the essence of summer overgrowth perfectly. You also handled the mottled light so nicely and the flowers just put it over the top! My only suggestion (a very minor one) would be to burn that one brighter spot at the very middle top of the image, right at the top of the image. That gate also has a wonderful more intimate composition possibilities in it as well. I would definitely revisit there again and again.

Love the light dappling in the image Ben. Very well done.

What a wonderful image. There is just the right mixture of chaos and structure. For a second I thought I smelled those flowers. I would burn in the highlights in the upper right corner a bit.

What a lovely scene, so well framed! The clump of flowers on the left acts to place the center of gravity of the gate slight to the right of the center of the frame, which is very pleasing. I think one possibility would be to bring out the fence a bit more – I used Viveza’s amazing masking capabilities and did a very quick adjustment.

1 Like

Great dreamy image of an idyllic spot. Great stuff!!!

This is summer! What a wonderful image. The rather tricky light situation has been handled very good, and turned into something very positive for the image.

Ben, as @Ola_Jovall said, this image does say Summer !! You (and your wife) have been very courageous about tackling dappled light, and you have been succeeding at it. The fence and the yellow flowers make for a great subject with the dappled light surrounding it like a halo of light.

@Bill_Chambers , @Diane_Miller , @Ola_Jovall , @Igor_Doncov , @Mario_Cornacchione , @Harley_Goldman , @Eva_McDermott , @Ed_McGuirk , Thank you all again for your comments, rework and tips.
About the dappled light . Maybe because we were not aware of the dappled light as a problem. But just got excited by the whole scene. We could make this image a succes to us.

1 Like