Above All

I took this shot in French Alps, during this fall.
It was my first time in this area between France and Italy borders.
Not knowing the area I wanted more freedom of movement, so I took a camper-van and I stayed here in this valley for 4 days.
The first day I did not take pictures but I devoted all the time to scouting and exploring the valley.
I was not lucky speaking about good light condition, but I took this shot during the dawn of last day.
I tryed to play with colors and tones, using global light that I’ve found.

Hope you like this view guys, sorry for my bad English :sweat_smile:

Regards
Andre

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Single shot with
Sony a7RII
Sony 24/105 + polarized filter

If this is a composite please be honest with your techniques and share some details so others can learn:

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
10 Likes

Beautiful light, and wonderful mood. Looks like a nice place to hang out for a while.
-P

1 Like

That is a beautiful view! Love the clouds and mix of light.

1 Like

Terrific capture. The light here is fabulous as well as the composition and weather. Great work!

1 Like

Beautiful place, love how the dark sky contrasts with the softly lit midground.

1 Like

This is a superb image, Andrea. I love the light in the MG and the way it contrasts with the darker mood and light in the BG peaks and clouds. Outstanding image.

1 Like

Outstanding, beautiful… painterly

1 Like

Andre, this is a beautiful image. The majestic, shrouded mountains in the background and the autumn foliage and river in the foreground as the light touches the trees…gorgeous.

Mark

1 Like

An unusual landscape in that the best light falls on the mid ground but I like the overall moodiness of the scene, especially over the peaks.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your message
Best regards
Andre

Really nice, I’m enjoying this image a lot. Great mood and color contrast between trees and blue background.

1 Like

The range of tones and light are astounding in this image, not to mention the composition. It portrays to me a range of moods too: sublime, peaceful, dramatic, moody. I wonder what types of things you felt while you were here.

Top notch stuff!

1 Like