Abstract

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

D3400, ISO 6400, f/10, 1/4000 sec, 35mm taken on sunny day in the shade
1- 10 gallon aquarium
1- pack multi color food coloring
1- Crystal ball
1- white poster board, placed underwater
= abstract photo
processed in DXO, lightroom and Photoshop CC 2019

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is pretty cool, Michael. Not much to critique, though I suspect a modern art guru would argue that point with me. I would say that just looking at the compositional balance, the white area in the lower right seems to throw things a bit off balance and tends to pull my eye out of the frame

I’m really admiring your creative photography. You’re doing some really cool things with it.

thanks Dennis, that means a lot to me … also the damn colors just would not cooperate, worse than birds Lol

Very interesting idea!
Usually, at least something in an image needs to be in sharp focus - that gives the eye a place to rest and evaluate the other parts of the image. Here, nothing is in good focus.
The colours here are all great, but the bright white in the lower right overwhelms the other colours. It might be toned down quite a bit.
I have one of these crystal ball things, and they are quite tricky to use.
There are basically 2 options that work:

1. Focus sharply on the image in the ball so it is crystal-sharp (pun intended) and let the distant things behind remain OOF.
  2. Take a couple images and combine them - one of the ball’s image sharp, and then one focused on the distance objects behind, also in crisp focus. Combine, either in camera (if yours does that) or in post-processing. Then, everything will be clear.

Creative idea, though!
Sandy

thanks Sandy

I can’t quite work out how all this has come together, Michael, but the result is very appealing. Gives me a bit of a feel of an alien embryo - but I guess the abstraction can be read many ways. Very creative !

thank you Ian, some people like it … some don’t. Thats abstact :sunglasses: