Acadia coast line

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any feedback appreciated.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Feedback on image and post processing

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) Post processing work included removing people and vehicles from shot. Used lightroom and Topaz. Shot using 70-200 mm at about 15 seconds

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I’m sorry you’re having trouble posting an image, please take a look at this post: How to post a photo

If you still have problems please send me a message and I would be happy to help.

@David_Kingham Looks like he was able to post a nice image.

Welcome to NPN Isaac! This is a nice first post, but I do have a suggestion.

If you can, try to pull more detail from the dark areas. (What software are you using for post processing of your images?

The light is very nice, and I like the color and texture of the water and the rocky shore.
–P

Welcome to NPN Isaac! Lovely scene but agree with Preston on lightening up the dark band on the horizon and rocks in the LLC.

I’ll have to say that I somewhat disagree. I like the darks in this image and I’m not sure that brightening them would make the image better. A large part of the attraction here is the brighter rocks set off against the darker trees and the sea further out. This is a fine image in my book.

Welcome, Isaac and a good first post, too. I would agree about lightening the dark shadowed areas, but I don’t find it an image killer. Real nice light and scene.

Isaac,

Welcome to NPN! A lovely coastal seascape for your first post.

I like that you’ve framed the rocky and rugged coastline with the surrounding sea and I think you made a great choice with the longer shutter speed to help emphasize that framing.

You didn’t mention, but it looks like you used a graduated ND filter? If not, then in post? I would agree with the others about darkness of the treeline across the entire frame. There’s a brighter orange-ish tree on the left that shows the line between the lighter and darker halves; I suppose this could be natural, but the observation is that I’m wishing for more luminosity in the evergreens.

I really enjoy the rock and that interaction with the sea. Also, the vignetting works well here to go along with that framing.

Also, and this is your choice of course, but the posted image is only like 860px. You can upload much larger which gives the viewer a better view for maybe even more detailed critique. But understand if you don’t want to post that big.

Welcome! And we look forward to more images and your participation.

Lon

Thank you all for your feedback. For post processing, I used Lightroom and Topaz plugin. Lightening up the tree line is a good suggestion and will work on fixing that up. Pulling in the additional treeline detail would enhance the picture.

Thank you for your comments, the orange tree is natural. I’ll fix the treeline and also adjust the orange so it doesn’t stand out as much.