African Crocodile on the Run + Re-Post

I took this photo while floating downstream on the Zambesi River in Zambia. Since we made no noise and were on the same side of the sandbar as the crocodile, it didn’t see us until we were almost even with it. It then decided to run and in doing so kicked up quite a bit of dust which enveloped it. The guide estimated its length at 14-15 feet.
As an aside, I was shooting at 10 frames per second. The croc covered the 8 or 10 feet of land to the river’s edge and its nose hit the water at frame 17. That’s fast!

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/2000, f/5.6 and ISO 1400. Cropped to pano.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Richard!
Great action, wonderfully captured !
I must admit that I haven’t seen this kind of action of a croc. before!
A small suggestion, if you have some more canvas on the top, you may include it, however some canvas can be cropped from the bottom part.

Cheers!

Jagdeep: I like your suggestion about the crop. Here’s a re-post. Richard

1 Like

Jagdeep: I just returned from the wilds of Colorado and noticed the Editor’s Pick. Thank you and I am very pleased to have been chosen. Richard

1 Like