After the Feast

I don’t do much landscape photography, but I was wandering around my yard with the camera and noticed a shaft of sunlight shining on this one spot of a Pagoda Dogwood that had been stripped of berries by the birds. It seemed to scream to be photographed.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM @ 240mm
f/13
1/500 sec.
ISO 1000
Underexposed by two full stops
Hand Held
Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

With leaf burned down as Ed suggested.

1 Like

I like this image Terry. The background is beautifully handled here, nicely OOF and mostly dark, so it really makes your subject pop out from the background. And your processing makes the most of the light here, you have really nailed the exposure, color and contrast.

The only suggestion that I would have is to burn down the bright leaf that is second from the left. I think it competes a bit with the red branches at the top, which to me is the most interesting part of the plant.

Thanks, Ed. Yes, I agree about that leaf. I’m generally not very skilled at burning, or it doesn’t work well in PSE 2020 - I’m not sure which. It never looks natural to me. However, I took a shot at it and reposted the image for review.