After the rain, Water Lily

On cloudy days the waterlilies in my pond always seem to have an inner glow. This is an attempt to catch that feeling after the rains had stopped. A 15 shot stack for dof on the flowers and the water drops. (5D3, 180mm macro, 1/50 s, f/14, iso 800, tripod)

2 Likes

Mark: Just marvelous. I’m going to have to nudge my gardener toward growing some water lilies and/or lotus. The drops are a really nice complementary element. Top notch shot. >=))>

Mark, this is a wonderful capture of a water lily. Love all the water drops on the bloom. You did an outstanding job at giving the view the feeling after the rain has stopped (feels like I should be shaking the water off the umbrella). You really have accomplished what you attempted to do. Great shot.

1 Like

Beautiful, Mark. I love all the water drops and I see what you mean by the glow. I’m wondering how it would look if you enhanced that inner glow a bit? Here’s the direction I was thinking. I just used the local adjustment brush in LR to increase exposure, warm up and saturate the center of the flower and that first row of slightly yellowish petals. I suspect I went too far, but it conveys the idea.