After the rain

This backlit Pickerall weed leaf and water drops caught my eye on the morning after a rain shower. Three shots stack for dof on the leaf and refraction in the water drops. (7D2, 180mm macro, 1/400 s, f/8, iso 400, tripod)

2 Likes

I am so enjoying all the lines, shades of green, and of course the refraction in the water drops. Very nice. I have yet had the time to watch your webinar on stacking, much less give it a try. Caregiving can sap all free time. I started to watch it the day you did it, and had to get off almost immediately. Maybe soon. I haven’t forgot it, and shots like this make me think maybe I wouldn’t mind trying a 2 or 3 shot stack. Not sure about the huge multi ones.

Wonderful abstract feel to this photo, @Mark_Seaver. I did get a chance to watch your webinar on stacking, great information and I’m also anxious to give this technique a try. Truly nicely done.

Gorgeous capture – sharp where it needs to be. (Remember when we said that about single captures??) My inner Wild Woman wants to see the horizontal stem at an angle, but too much of one would upset the Pixel Peeper in me, for the accuracy of the reflection.

@Shirley_Freeman, @linda_mellor I’m happy to answer questions about stacking. Just message me. @Diane_Miller, If the stem were angled, the drops would either be very differently shaped or more likely, not present…

2 Likes