Ancient idea

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Splendid!

This body of work is exceptional. The variety of tones and forms keep my gaze wandering, finding new combinations of shapes.

When you print these for exhibition, what paper surface will you use?

1 Like

Hi Paul and thanks for your nice feedback. I don’t actually print the pictures but it is done by my friend. Usually he uses some kind of Canon matte roll paper. I haven’t thought much about that paper but maybe in the future I’ll pay more attention to it

This is very nice Jorma! I love the patterns and colors you captured. The only thing I would recommend is to clone out the white spot in the upper left corner. It’s small, but it really pulls my eye up there.

1 Like

Very cool looking abstract, Jorma. I love all the colors and lines captured in this scene. My only suggestion would echo that of @Craig_Moreau about cloning out that white spot. I assume this is an aerial?

1 Like

Hahnemühle has a line of fine art papers made with bamboo, hemp, and agave that are beautiful and environmentally friendly. Matte is a good choice. It gives a watercolor feel. You might want to look into the array of papers by Epson. They will provide a handful of 8.5X11 samples, both with images and blank, free. A sample pack is available but not free.

1 Like

I had missed your first post and now I see it is a wonderful first post here – a belated welcome! This is also an exceptionally strong and compelling image. The green water is amazing and the sweeping lines of the sand are a powerful abstraction. I look forward to many more!

1 Like

Very compelling form and pleasing combination of colors.

1 Like

A great abstract, with a really neat color palette. I see a soaring bird with it’s wings spread wide as it lifts off…

1 Like