Ancient pine

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

I like the way the biggest branches seem to be reaching out to the viewer. Whether in welcome or in warning I don’t know. Given your processing I’d say welcome. The angle of the slope adds a nice element of surprise although I think what might be a road in the background does attract my eye. Maybe consider darkening that area with some dodging. You could also lift some of the midtones to give this a little more clarity and punch. The texture of the bark could use it. What a great tree. I’m glad you stopped to shoot it.

1 Like

A little I tried to fix the problems away
Uploading: _JJH6060 kopioi kopio 4.jpg…

1 Like

Stunning.

The branches pull you into the tree for a treen hug.

There’s something ominous about the trunk and branch arrangement of the very top of the frame, and it’s a great addition.

They remind me of the trees in The Wizard of Oz - the ones that threw apples at Dorothy. Scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Even more than the flying monkeys!

Very much liking the detail and shapes here. At some level, this seems to have been pushed a bit in post. Like the the details and/or clarity are a bit exaggerated. Regardless, it looks good. The even light also makes this easy to enjoy.