And Heeeeee's Safe!

At least that was my wife’s first reaction when she saw this image. It reminded her of a baseball umpire calling a player safe at home. Regardless of interpretation, I liked the pose. I just barely avoided clipping the upper wing tips in the original, so I did add canvas to the top and the left and took some off the right and bottom to balance the composition.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. In addition to the cropping and adding canvas, I worked on the background a bit to tone down overly bright grass stems.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this composition work? Any suggestions for changes?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 403 mm, gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/8, 1/250, iso 2000, fill flash at -2 2/3 EV, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. See above for manipulations. Final size was 5232x3840. Taken at 8:30 am yesterday (I think that’s the right time-I changed to standard time shortly into the shoot) under foggy skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Just when I didn’t think you could get any better with the last shot of this gorgeous bird, you post this shot, Dennis. I love everything about the shot. I sure don’t have any nits. To catch this action is really great. Your post processing seems to be fine to me, I see nothing in this image that I would want changed. Print it and hang it! :+1::+1:

Great action pose with good detail, nice perch, and nice work on the background.