Another Bodie window

The OP was bugging me – the wood frame is too different to occupy only the 2 sides. So I lightened and desaturated it. Then it hit me:

Here is the intermediate step:

My editing overwrote the original so here it is again:

Image Description

I shot this one shortly after the one I posted yesterday. The sun was harsh for the buildings, especially for the limited dynamic range of this ancient camera, but it was a good afternoon for windows.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I always welcome all comments and impressions! I wish I had backed off a bit on this one to include more of the frame but as I recall the pane on the right had no interest and this framing seemed the best to balance the pane with the curtain.

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 2.01.19 PM

Ancient raw file from 2006, redone in the current LR, but not really much changed. Just basic global tonal adjustments, with the nice addition of a Texture slider. Into PS for minor straightening. Surprisingly, Topaz Denoise didn’t give any improvement. Good exposure at low ISO worked even back then.

And another edit in record time – posted above.

Diane, the B&W rocks. Wonderful image with a great shadow on the curtain. This works so well. Nice job with the self-critique too. :slightly_smiling_face: