Another Waterfall

Its this time of the year again… :slight_smile: This one is just a short drive from Bled in Slovenia and I’m happy that I finally got it with just right amount of water.

If anyone wonders how I get in those awkward positions on a wheelchair… this time it was my assistant who positioned camera and I gave him directions through CamRanger. This way I see liveview on my phone and can also adjust any setting.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Like usually I’m curious how you guys see color work and saturation.
Do you also see any distractions?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
This was an overcast day and pretty dark.
20mm, f16, iso800 (no tripod)
Slower shutter blended in for waterfall

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@gregorjericphoto

2 Likes

Blockquote Like usually I’m curious how you guys see color work and saturation.
Do you also see any distractions?

This is a very pretty waterfall! And what a creative way to capture it. I love that!

As far as color and saturation, I obviously wasn’t there, but it seems just a wee bit too much green. Maybe take the saturation down just a tad, or see if you can bring some of the yellows out of the greens maybe?

As far as distractions go, that bridge does draw my eye away from the waterfall a little bit. And that rock on the far left, while its not really distracting, but maybe unnecessary? I’m still kind of a newbie but they say what doesn’t add to the image, distracts from it. Like it said above, this is all up to you. But I took the liberty to play with it quick in this picture program on my work computer. Nothing fancy, just a crop. You could probably do something similar in Photoshop and can clone out some of the things rather than a complete crop. Or leave it as is. Its your image and you do what you like best. But it’s a beauty!! :blush:

This is a great composition and I like the atmosphere. I’m not sure how I feel about the bridge though. I’m sure it’s a stunning view from up there but it keeps taking me eye away from the amazing waterfall. Love the lushness.

The aquamarine color of the water is what strikes me most about the image. I’m for keeping the bridge. It makes the image less cliche.

Great Composition. I like the bridge on the top as for me it gives scale to the scene. I think you can tone down the greens slightly but that is just personal preference.

Thanks to everyone for commenting!

I did some small tweaks to the image but not much. To me I think this is done.

1 Like

Gregor, here is another vote for keeping the bridge. I also like the original composition of rocks, the one on the far left is additive to the scene for me. The green saturation is the water is a matter of personal taste, but it does help draw the eye to the falls/bridge, and at least for me my eye does not stop at the water. My only suggestion would be to add some darkening to the water in front of the row of rocks (vignette the bottom frame edge), which would also help draw attention to the center.

I love the composition as is, including the bridge. My suggestion would be to darken the triangle of light around the bridge.