Another Windy Day

I was experimenting with different shutter speeds to capture the movement of the leaves from the wind.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
55mm
1/15
f/25
ISO 400
Lowered exposure slightly

apani.hill

Vanessa, this shutter speed did a good job of showing both the leaves and their motion. Compositionally, there are two primary eye catchers, the sunlit leaves near the upper left corner and the cluster of seed and leave that are nicely isolated. While those two have some balance, where they’re placed in the frame could be better as there’s too much plain blue on the right and having the bright leaves intersecting the frame can be a problem. (Handling those bright leaves is hard, since it’s not always wrong to create the feeling that there’s more outside the frame than you’re showing and I expect that there were more bright leaves on the left, so there was not “clear” limit on that side.)

Thanks @Mark_Seaver I took quite a few frames from this shoot. Actually the 2 things you mentioned, the sunlit leaves and the seeds were both what I wanted in the frame. I felt like being at the edge of the tree looking up with the sky behind actually is what made the movement more evident. Any shots further under the tree and you loose the blowing bending leaves. At least the way I was able to do it.