Arterial Earth

Another image from the MARS location of my Utah trip. This too is a drone image from about 900 feet above a wash basin as seen from a lookout point near Factory Butte. The floor of this wash basin is otherworldly in shapes, colors and textures. This reminds me of veins and arteries, hence the name Arterial Earth. I’m attaching a second image so you can get an idea of what this wash basin looks like from a lower viewpoint where you can see shapes, patterns, colors and textures as far as the eye can see.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feedback and comments are appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone
10.26mm
Hasselblad lens
1/640 sec
f/5.6
ISO 100

8 Likes

I’m fascinated by these lines David. I keep coming back. The tiny little lines to the right of center look like veins, and also remind me of a spine. The image is intricate and beautiful and layered and textured and makes me want to follow the lines further, beyond the frame. Super job.

1 Like

Another wow! image. What a super abstract. It has the look of a “reverse” landscape to me - the channels appear to be high points, not low points. I know what it is, but my mind can’t see it as it is. And I love the subtle color.

1 Like

Hi David. I love this image. It draws you in as you follow the lines, tones and colors and try to figure out what you’re looking at. It’s also challenging to determine the scale of what you’re viewing. Great shot!

1 Like

Wow, another spectacular abstract landscape. I like this one even better than your prior post, in terms of the fractal patterns. These dendritric shapes remind me of the branches of a tree. And similar to the prior image, I love the contrast in the warm and cool colors. This is a perfect color palette. I love this as presented, wouldn’t change a thing about it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions @Bonnie_Lampley , @Ed_McGuirk , @Mark_Muller , and @Jon_Norris . These patterns and textures fascinated me from the moment I saw the video from the drone.

This is fascinating…Love the patterns, and those pastel tones
keep them coming