Australia - Eastern Spinebill

This little bird is probably the closest thing we (Australians) have to your hummingbirds. Just a bit bigger than thumbsized, they flit from flower to flower.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments or criticisms are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 3200 150-600@600mm f6.3 1/100s Tripod

Skating on thin ice with a shutter speed that slow! Working with Linear Profile. Image mostly done in ACR and a little background cleanup in PS including lowering contrast of background and bird sharpening.

The bird looks very good, Glennie. Nice pose and head turn as well. I like the soft and slightly faded background.

Hi Glenys
I second Dennis’s comments. The framing of Eastern-Spine bill is balance. Nice work.
Peter

Wonderful!! Such a nice pose with great detail and setting. I love the BG colors, which work so well with the bird! My only slight nit is to wonder about reducing contrast or darkening the branch in the UL. Maybe low-opacity cloning?

Thanks Diane! That branch! It’s already had a low opacity blue colour brush over it to lessen its effects. Maybe it should go altogether?

Thanks for the feedback Dennis. When posting the image, I looked for extra tags, but none came up for Australia. Have I missed something?

@glennie The regional tags are way down the list. It’s under “region_australia”. I’ll add it to this post so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks Dennis! I obviously didn’t look far enough.