Autumn Showcase

I like how this photo showcases the full progression of the autumn season in one photograph.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Real fine array of color. I might throw on a bit of a vignette, especially in the TLC and darken/desat some of the brighter trees on edges? This does nicely showcase the colors of fall, all in one.

I will have to echo @Harley_Goldman’s thoughts on this lovely array of color, Mike. I particularly like the inclusion of some leafless trees in the scene as it helps tell the story of the transitions of the seasons.Great job of extracting this scene from the mountainside.

The first thought that came to mind was what a splendid autumn tapestry. No nits from me.

Mike, this is the best of this type of image I can recall seeing. Lovely fall color, and the arrangement of the trees in the frame is perfect.
There are a couple branches protruding into the frame in the LLC that could be cloned or cropped, and the shortest bare treetop in the lower right is a bit of an eye magnet for me, but both of these are minor.

Thanks @Harley_Goldman, @Eva_McDermott, @Ed_Lowe, @Craig_Moreau. Craig, I did an edge patrol but still missed those.