Autumn tree trunks (rework)

Description:

Looking forward to the autumn, I revisited some autumn images and found this small scene. I know its the wrong season, but wanted to post it anyhow!

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any comments are welcome!
I am not sure if the small tree + the yellow colors to the left manage to balance the large trunk that lean to the right.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No
f/22, 1/20, ISO100, 115 mm (230 mm equiv.) Olympus camera OM-D EM-1, Olympus lens 40-150 handheld

REWORK

ORIGINAL

3 Likes

This simple composition is really nice. I think that patch of green in the urc adds a lot. Even though the comp is simple there is a lot of texture that keeps things interesting.

1 Like

I echo Igors thoughts and I also think it is well balanced.

It is a beautiful image and interesting composition. My eye is continually pulled towards the large trunk , which seems like the image focal point and main subject matter.

Hey @Ola_Jovall
There isn’t a wrong season to share such a gorgeous image.
I like the details on the right tree and the balanced you gave it with this composition.
If i could suggest anything it would be to lower the sharpness a bit, to me it looks a bit crunchy.
Thanks for sharing, Cheers

This is a real nice autumn scene and a nice teaser of the coming of my favorite seasons, fall and winter. Very enjoyable.

1 Like

I really love the trunk detail and the pattern created bu the yellow leafs.
On the other side my eyes is being attracted to the green “corner”, away from the main scene. I would try to crop it out, or clone/replace if that’s all right on your book.

I like this composition Ola. I think it’s well balanced, and I like the two small arching branches creating a connection between the two trees. I find the green foliage a bit of a distraction because of the small amount of it and it’s location where the leaning tree pulls my eye up there.

Love the image Ola. I like that one tree is straight, and the other one leaning. I like the repetition of the two arched branches. I love warm colored lichen on the big tree, the repetition of warm colors against the leaves is great. There are lots of nice details to appreciate here.

Joao has touched on my only nitpick, the green seems inconsistent with the rest of the image, and therefore draws too much attention. An alternative fix would be to either de saturate the green, or shift the hue to more yellow. This might be easier than cloning.

@Igor_Doncov, @Harley_Goldman, @Mario_Cornacchione, @joaoquintela, @Craig_Moreau, @Ed_McGuirk, @JoĂŁo_FerrĂŁo and @DJLeland thanks for your kind comments and advice.

I adjusted the URC to get a green color that matches the green leaves below along the right edge. A rework is posted at the top.

The rework works very well.

1 Like

I agree with Harley. Very nicely done.

1 Like

The rework looks great Ola.

1 Like

Fantastic comp! Real and abstract at the same time. I prefer that corner being yellow instead of green.

Thanks @Tony_Kuyper. Glad you liked it.

Hi Ola, I know I’m quite late to the party, but I happened to look at this post and wanted to say that I really like this one. With August ending and Autumn right around the door, this is a very nice inspiration and appetizer for the upcoming season. Nicely done! :blush:

Thanks @Nikos. Yes, I guess everyone is looking forward to photograph the autumn colors.