Avenue

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 11, 1/400 @ f11, ISO 320

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A view leading away from the country house of Lyme Park, showing the fondness of landscape designers in the eighteenth century for extensive vistas lined by trees, even across very uneven terrain.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ian, what month of year do you shoot these trees to get these colors, I assume this is spring or early summer?

I like the way you have shown the tree shadows on the grass, it adds an interesting element to the image. I also like the strong diagonal of trees leading to the long view. My only nitpick is the tree along the right frame edge, my preference would be to see either less of it, or more of it. As presented I’m slightly bothered by how the right side of the tree clips the frame edge.

@Ed_McGuirk : thanks so much for the comments. I agonised over the tree to the R and settled for just the trunk as the wide angle had distorted the upper branches quite a bit in a way that was difficult to fix. Will look at it again without the trunk. I shot this at the end of April last year - so high Spring I guess.

I’m enjoying the strong focal point you created with your composition of the trees. This makes me want to spread a blanket and have a picnic!

This looks like the perfect springtime day to me, Ian. The scene has a very inviting feel to it as it looks like the perfect place to take a leisurely stroll and put out a blanket with a picnic lunch. My only suggestion would be just a bit more room on the right edge as the tree feels cramped, but certainly not a deal breaker as I like the mood very much.

Ian, this view is begging me to go for a walk. The greens are wonderfully inviting with the line of trees saying “walk this way”.