Azaleas & Ferns

A grouping of azaleas & ferns shot in my back yard next to the woods.

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 44 mm, f 18 @ 1/5 sec, ISO 200, CPL, MLU, cable release & tripod

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
1 Like

Ed: A well seen scene and a fine capture. I could also see this as a near pano by cropping from the bottom to eliminate the relatively empty area in the LLC. Pretty darn good as is though. >=))>

Beautiful fine detail and soft colors, Ed. I can see Bill’s point, but I’m not sure that a “stretched” composition would work. I have been in this conundrum many times - you see a beautiful flora composition, you try to arrange it in your viewfinder/LCD, and no matter what you do you end up with a part of the image that you would like to be “fuller”. Then you rely on other strengths, color, light, detail.

You’ll have to let me know next year when thee bloom. I don’t think a crop would work in this instance. I don’t know wether more flowers in LLC would work or not. As it is it showcases the beautiful ferns, more flowers and they would be lost underneath. I like it as is.

1 Like

Ed,

Wow, this is delightful! With a backyard like this, why go anywhere? :smiley: The scene is light, airy and delicate - for which your processing serves well.

Lon

1 Like

These almost perfect scenes are so hard to find and do well… The PP is really nice, an almost dreamy look and color caste also works for me.
I like the hole in the LRC, gives the photo a real natural look.

Thanks for thoughts and suggestions @Bill_Fach, @Alberto_Patino-Douce, @Michael_Lowe, @Lon_Overacker and @Dan_Kearl; always appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the image as I have tried to get this shot for the last couple of years and missed out for one reason or another. I was quite pleased with it myself.
@Michael_Lowe: I will remind you, but it should be sometime around the first week of May.