Baby Thrown Out with the Bath Water

After the bath

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1250, 500 PF, f7.1, 1600th, D500, no flash, 50% crop

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice post bath shot. Good detail in the wet feathers. Nice background and perch.

I’m really enjoying this series of nuthatches. Perch is great, and those wet feathers tell such a story. BG is also pleasant and complimentary. Detail on the bird is just right. My only suggestion is to try cropping up from the bottom of the perch to try and diminish that little nub that is sticking up.

Great image, David. The wet look is superb and I love how it’s perched at the end of the branch.

What a great image. Could title this one misery! Love the perch and the great shallow depth of field you got with this shot. Colors look really good and the NH is tack sharp. The perch and the background colors are very complimentary. You might clone out the nub on the right side of the perch but that would be the only nit I can find with this image. Super shot.