Bald Eagle

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I was going thru and organizing my photo files this morning and I came across this shot I got a while back of one of our recurring adult Bald Eagles that nest at our local lake every year. Always fun to go out on a boat hunting for them. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/2500th, f 7.1, 500mm, ISO 1100, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Gorgeous shot Dave! Great sharpness, nice framing from the branches, a beautiful blue sky, and the eagle is posed perfectly. I don’t have anything substantial to suggest here, unless maybe you wanted to crop a little of the sky on the right to make the eagle slightly off-center in the frame. But it’s also great as it is. Well done!

Nice detail and pose, Dave. It’s interesting that the sky looks overly blue if anything, yet the eagle looks a bit washed out. I don’t know if that’s processing or what. Do you keep a polarizing filter in your long lens?

Eagle is sharp, and I like that it’s looking down and making good eye contact. I also like the perch. I agree with Dennis that you need some contrast. I see some noise on the bird’s left wing. I’d assume the shot was underexposed, perhaps causing both issues?