Ball of Starlings

Yesterday I witnessed a spectacle: the murmuration of Starlings. This one caught my eye already on the camera screen, as it looks like a children’s drawing of a tree to me :wink: … Curious what you think … Thanks for any feedback, and have a good weekend, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D4s with 70-200 f2.8 | 1/200s | f2.8 | ISO4000 | overexposed 1FS. As the sky wasn’t nicely coloured, I decided to go for a B&W

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Aren’t they amazing. It does look a bit like a child’s drawing of a tree. It just needs happy face drawn on.
A more squarish crop centering the birds might work also. I like the black and white.
Good for you.

This is a fabulous image!

Hans, excellent is an understatement. This should be submitted to a major competition. I love this a lot.

A great capture of a not-often photographed phenomenon. Monochrome is an excellent choice as it emphasizes the graphic character.