Bar Harbor at 1:42 AM

After shooting the Milky Way on Little Hunters Beach I decided to stop and get an image of the fountain that overlooks the harbor area in Bar Harbor, ME. I was only there for 10-15 minutes, but I did notice the town police drive by twice to scope out what I was doing at that time in the morning. I guess they decided I was not up to any skullduggery because I did not see them again.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Any pertinent technical details:

Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 20 mm, f 16 @ four sec, ISO 400, cable release & tripod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Ed, a very neat looking take here on this one. I’ve personally done almost nothing with regard to any street type images like this scene. I really like the colorful atmosphere of the overall scene. The small amount of star-bursts or light-bursts from some of the street lamps adds a nice touch too. Nice work…:+1:

This looks great, Ed. Great color and you have composed it really well. The fountain and background lights balance out quite nicely.

This is flat out beautiful, Ed. Everything came together here for a fine shot. The lamp post stars are a nice added bonus. I’ll have to steal this shot the next time we go to Maine.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

Thanks guys @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Harley_Goldman and @Michael_Lowe for taking a moment to leave a thought. Glad everyone liked the image.
@Michael_Lowe: Go for it. I am wondering how it would look with the lights of a car going by with the long exposure.