Bare Aspens

This is the sequel to my “Last flames” of a few weeks ago. Shot in Nevada, October of 2016.

Contax Vario Sonnar 28-85mm, Sony A7, 1/3s at ISO 100, Capture One

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
2 Likes

Wow, love this. Stunning image, Alberto!

1 Like

This is beautiful Alberto, the contrast in textures and the way the bare aspens almost glow is lovely.

1 Like

This is really good,…Your choice in processing this as subtle as you did with the nice muted colors
works really well with the stark aspens.

1 Like

This is gorgeous, Alberto. I love the muted autumn color and the way it compliments the leafless aspens. They seem to have a wonderful glow to them.

1 Like

Beautiful and kind of haunting image! I love the structure of the bare trees and their interplay with the color. Excellent stuff.

1 Like

Nicely done, Alberto. Bare tree are great.

1 Like

Absolutely love this! Wonderful capture!

1 Like

Really nice Alberto, the muted colors and bare trees tell a great story. Late fall can often be more dramatic than full peak color, as your image shows here.

1 Like

Alberto,

Sometimes, bare trees with no leaves can be just as beautiful. The contrasts here are great and I really like the viewpoint. Well done.

Lon

1 Like

When I first looked at the thumb nail I wasn’t sure about this image, but when I opened it I was pleasantly surprised. I really like the contrast between the white aspens and the dark background. The bit of light on the color in the foreground is a really nice touch. Nice image.

1 Like

I love the stark contrast of bare Aspens against the remaining color of the forest. A splendid season in transition.

1 Like

Thank you all - truly appreciated!!!

I really like this!!! Congratulations on the WP - well deserved!

1 Like

I love this capture for several reasons but mostly the clash between the death of a season and the arrival of another…well done.

Mark

1 Like

Thank you Kathy!