Base of the Falls

The base of Vernal Falls in Yosemite during my trip there last winter.

Nikon D850, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, 48mm, 1/8 sec, f/8, ISO 100

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
3 Likes

Luke, I really enjoy these kind of images. Great photo, thanks for sharing

The brightness of the falling water creates a fine sense of light flowing down from above. This is a nicely dramatic look at an oft photographed site.

Love the mood

Luke,

Outstanding capture from the top of the Mist trail. The scale, or lack there of, is impressive here. Actually I thought I was going to challenge you that this was the less known Wildcat falls (that no one knows about…) Love the dark and contrast captured here. And actually, the grasses in the lower right provide some context and scale. Beautiful image.

Lon

I’m glad you enjoy it! Thanks!

Thanks Mark! I was hoping to do something a little different than what I’ve taken in the past.

Beautiful image and beautifully processed. The falls just glows and the image has a wonderful mood to it. I love this one.

Thanks Lon, I actually have never photographed Wildcat Falls.

Now that is how you set it off! On point.

Mark

Thanks Harley. I was really happy with the glow look that the water and mist helped create.

Thanks Mark!

i love the glow created by the mist and light in this image. Clean, simple and very effective.

Wonderful exposure Luke. I love the silkiness of the water and surrounding contrast.

Great compositional choice to crop in tighter to this waterfall - I like the darker feel to it as well…

Nice dramatic shot here, Luke. I like the choice of shutter speed to give this a dynamic look. Nice processing too with the gold highlights contrasting with the darks. Great stuff!

Fantastic image. Impressive work Luke!

Boy, this is so good. Don’t know how I missed this for 6 days.

This reminds me so much of Marc Adamus’ imagery as I recall it. The handling of light and dark in the blacks is so amazing.