Beaked Hazel

What technical feedback would you like if any? any thoughts appreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any thoughts appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
1/150 at f/5.8 and ISO100 with a Sony @6000 and a 55-210mm lens

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John: A simple but well thought out comp and capture IMO. Red always grabs attention and your placement of the bud tip in the frame works very well. The BG is very nice and the OOF bud is just enough OOF to show intentionality without being a distraction. Very nicely crafted image. >=))>

I like the sharp focus on the tip of the bud, John, and the composition is great. You might just take down those few bright spots on the oof buds and branch - I think that would bring up the point of focus even better. Whatever, this is a nice image.

Thanks Ian (and Bill!) for suggestions. I took your suggestion and took the bright spots down and it is much better. Thanks.

A great eye to see this one, John, and a very well composed image. I think your depth of field works well here. My only nit was the same one Ian mentioned, particularly the bright spots on the two buds and the catkin.