Beauty of the insignificant-6

This is probably the last of the series. I have a few more, but haven’t worked on them.
This is Side-Oats Grama grass, about 1-2 ft tall. The graceful inflorescence can be as long as a foot. The bright red anthers contrast against the dull colored spikelets. I don’t see a lot of them in the prairies I visit.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/11, 1/100, ISO 800
Canon DPP4 for RAW. PSCC, stitched 3 horizontal images in a panoramic format.

1 Like

Panoramic format matches well with this subject. Bright red anthers stand out against the green BG and their repetition plays a music.

Ravi: Love the subject and the pano crop. Exceptionally good plane of focus management. This has been a terrific series. Keep 'em coming! >=))>

Ravi,

Top notch–grass flowers are nearly always ignored by photographers. This view is exceptional and I like the panorama view. Well done…Jim

An exceptional series and this is no exception . The magnification gives a whole new perspective on these tiny grasses. Good choce to use a pano crop as well. A small wonder in the floral world.

Such an interesting plant Ravi and you’re showing it off nicely. Stitching came out great and they stand out well against the background. Had fun exploring the whole row and you seem to have caught a falling anther in midair, which adds to the interest.