Beaver Dam Pond

This is from last years trip to Acadia. I always like to stop at Beaver Dam Pond and try to find some new compositions as it is one of those places that nature photographers seem to pass by for the icons in Acadia; and that suits me just fine. The high ISO and fast SS was needed due to some wind.

Nikon D 800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200 mm, f 14 @ 1/250 sec, ISO 800, CPL, cable release & tripod

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

If this is a composite please be honest with your techniques and share some details so others can learn:

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
1 Like

Excellent, Ed. The skeleton white trace a nice network throughout. The fact that this is towards the latter part of fall makes the yellows glitter like stars in the sky. Colors are great. I really appreciate those dark reds at the bottom. Colors are prominent without being over done, an issue common with greens.

Ed, I really enjoy scenes like this. The colors look great and I’m especially enjoying how the birch trees contrast with the rest of the scene. Excellent composition as well.

Thanks Igor and Nick; I always appreciate your thoughtful comments and suggestions. The starkness of the white birch immediately caught my eye when I stopped.

I really like naked, or near naked trees. These birch seem to be dancing. Nicely done, Ed.
-p

Real nice, Ed. The bare trunks and branches really work well to anchor the composition and it has lots of excellent color.

Thanks Preston and Harley; always glad to hear your thoughts.

Gorgeous image, Ed. Those bare birches are exquisite and the soft, delicate light is doing wonders.

Beautiful how the bare trees shine against the strong colors.