Beaver Dam Pond

Beaver Dam Pond

A chilly autumn morning on Beaver Dam Pond in Acadia NP, ME. My brother and I had a magical hour of shooting before the mist finally dissipated. Usually Mike and I have this location to ourselves, but this particular morning a photography group put the brakes on and had to join us.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 105mm, f 16 @ 2 sec, ISO 400, cable release & tripod

3 Likes

Gorgeous, Ed. The colors are outstanding, makes me wish fall was here already. The reflection in the lake is perfect for this challenge. Nicely seen and captured.

Beautiful fall colors starting up there! I miss fall. Nice reflection and I love that there’s the beaver house in the image.

Ed, this is beautifully calm and peaceful. The touch of fog and the beaver lodge strengthen the sense of quiet. I’d hang this and stare at it regularly for its calming effect.

Beautiful, peaceful scene. Getting really picky, I would clone out the dark ULC. As said, minor stuff and no other suggestions.

Lovely! I can see another composition with less of the beautiful BG trees and a lot more of the reflection, if it was possible. (So easy to say…)

Great shot from a great morning, Ed. :vulcan_salute:

Hi Ed. I’m assuming this was from last year. At least MA has no color yet. Regardless, a beautiful scene with great reflections. The fog brings it to another level. Hoping we have good color again this year!

Pat

Thank you everyine @linda_mellor, @Vanessa_Hill, @Mark_Seaver, @Harley_Goldman, @Diane_Miller, @Michael_Lowe and @Patricia_Brundage for taking a moment to leave your thoughts as they are always appreciated. I am glad everyone enjoyed this image from that magical morning.

@Harley_Goldman: I really hadn’t noticed it before, but you are right about the ULC. I am getting ready to make a print so I will take care of that.

@Patricia_Brundage: This was actually taken in October of 2019. It has been going on two years since I have visited Maine due to Covid 19. I was hoping to go this year, but now I am not so sure with the Delta variant running rampant. I hope you have been well.