Beech I

Description:

Multiple exposures overlay in-camera. Slight movement between the three exposures.

Specific Feedback Requested:

I’m interested in opinions about the framing. Experimenting here, and I haven’t decided on my own opinion.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite?

Yes.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Paul! I really like the image. It looks like a reflection in rippling water. But I don’t like the frame because I think it detracts from the photo itself, if that makes sense. I feel it’s trying to get all the attention! But that’s just my opinion. Beautiful work in the inside of the frame! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So creative. Doing something like this would never occur to me.

Given that you’ve warped the image so the borders are no longer straight, I don’t know how you could present this without a frame so to me it’s part of it and not just a frame. You could maybe experiment with different colors and/or textures for the frame and see what that does.

The image itself is both natural and abstract - I can tell basically what it is, but it’s a bit mysterious, too. I wish it would enlarge.

A great abstract of trees reflecting in the water. The effect of having three images slightly shifted and overlayed works very well. Is this the metod introduced by Mr Orthon, that nowadays are simulated in many post-processing softare?

When it comes to the frame, I think I am more of a tradionslist.

I love the image, and how the tree is positioned within the image.
I like the warped frame too. It challenges me because I’m so used to straight edges, but in this case it adds more interest overall to an already beautiful image.
Great creativity!

Very cool!! I could go either way with the frame, but I do like how the warp draws me into the image.

Thanks all.

The frame intends to be a window a different kind of window. A window that allows both light and time to pour through.

@Kris_Smith, I like your thought of using color or texture rather than just white. I’m not skilled; in reality, I know next to nothing of Photoshop, especially layers, and that would be a way to introduce texture to the canvas. I’m thinking of a natural texture - waving grass, decaying wood, moving water - no, it should be a clip from the texture of the image tessellated and muted or B&W. I guess it’s time to learn PS layers.

I’ve thought of doing that with my plant portraits, use a layer to give the background an old paper look.

Oh well, one more thing to learn.

Namaste

1 Like

I’d like to see it printed and hung on a wall without any frame (ie just the “green bit”) - why should we always be bound by squares and rectangles? It’s an elegant shape, suggesting a cloth texture. I’d remove the black smudgy mark in the lower centre, but I’m a stickler!

1 Like

Maybe printing on fabric, not necessarily canvas, but another fabric coated with a layer is material that accepts inkjet inks; if I starched the fabric and lightly glued it to heavier material, I could feed into the printer … yes! @Mike_Friel Ohhhhh, I like the idea. There are possibilities. You deserve a cold pint of Guinness.