Before and After Landscape on a Rainy Day

What technical feedback would you like if any? All welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Photo taken 4/12/17 of Arlington Memorial Bridge and Robert E Lee site on a gray rainy day with canon 5dIII, ISO 100, f8, 1/200sec. The edited photo has lighting added to each light on the bridge, downward reflection on bridge and water, sky and the Robert E Lee home site.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

The bottom shot is quite nice in the smaller size, but seems very grainy/unsharp at the larger size.

Thanks Bill, Took the picture at a wide angle and pulled the bridge out. I’m now paying more attention to noise in my photos. Was putting more emphasis on lighting up the bridge and surrounding areas. Getting better. . . .
Wayne

I agree with Bill that the bottom shot is more appealing. The colors are lovely. It is a bit fuzzy, though - looks like focus, rather than noise. Probably a factor of cropping it out of the larger frame.

One thing you might consider with these types of subjects is squaring up the scene. That is, making the verticals of the bridges and buildings vertical, and the horizon horizontal.

Good exposure on the lower one, though. I feel the ambience of early evening.

Thanks Bonnie, This is an earlier photo and posted to show how light affects the sky, bridge lights, under the bridge, building on the cliff, road on the upper left and the bridge overhead lights. Noise is from heavy cropping. I’m trying to pay more attention to suggestions for improvement.

Wayne