Best shot of the day

I spent around 10 minutes photographing a Great Blue Heron juvenile and this Great Egret juvenile, on the Four Mile River in East Lyme, CT. at 8:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2021. The Egret out fished the Blue by 4 to 1. Just before leaving the river the Egret stopped fishing for a quick clean-up and was lucky to get a 3 shots off.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, F7.1, 516mm, 1/2000, -1.3EV, ISO 800. The shot was cropped by 20% and I reduced the highlights in DXO photo Lab 4.

Keith
Thank you for this honor.
When I photographed this Egret, I knew the shot would be interesting. It came out every better.
Peter

2 Likes

Wow! This would be my best shot of the year! The whites are gorgeous and the BG perfect!

Wow, that is an award winning shot, Peter. Excellent catch of avian behavior and well done on the processing, especially the beautiful whites.

Stunning, Peter. Very nicely seen and captured. Well done.

This is just a stunning image! The sharpness and whiteness of the bird is just perfect, and so is the birds position. … and the BG. This is an image I just could dream about to capture!

1 Like

I agree with the above comments. Outstanding image. One of my responses is my curiosity about the straight edges on the reflection. My mind doesn’t seem to be able to understand how they occurred.

Gorgeous, Peter. Probably your best ever image. The pose is to die for and you captured and processed it perfectly. Well done.

Great pose and feather detail.

This is a really special image. The pose is wonderful, the darker background really sets off the subject and the exposure looks spot on. Really nice!

This is awesome, Peter! Such an elegant pose. A fine art photo in my opinion!

Peter, terrific! It’s so good it could even have some of the top cropped off to get even closer to all the beautiful details.

Well done detail, exposure, and comp.

What a beautiful pose you’ve captured here. The beauty of this creature really shines through because of the dark and simple background it is set against. Yes, print and enjoy!

Hi
Thank you all for the kind works.
Jim. What you are seeing is the Egret’s reflection. (un-cropped)
Mike, this the shot will a little off the top.
Peter

1 Like

Peter, Thanks for posting the un-cropped. Now I see why the straight lines.

Peter, even better - super shot!