Bill made me do it

I was looking to post some kind of scenic, since every one else was going abstract, but Bill goaded me into keeping with the crowd sourced abstract concept. :laughing: Here’s an ice abstract from my pond last Feb. This is a 9 shot stack (ice holds nice and still…sometimes…) using the ice to distort the shapes in the hardy lily leaves that were in the water

5D3, 100-400@ 349, 1/6 s, f/13, iso 200, tripod and polarizer

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is an excellent shot, Mark. I am enjoying the shapes and colors in this. This is sure a nice category in the WC. I’m not sure I have any to submit to it, but I sure am enjoying the shots.

I am not sure what that yellow vein all over the image but I love it, Mark. Super!

Such interesting texture and color. The ice highlights are a lovely blue, but there are so many warm tones, too. It’s a nice contrast.

Just had to keep up with the Jones’ eh? Well, a mighty fine entry. Lots of intrigue here as one tries to figure out what lies beneath… great, warm colors, random shapes and lines - all anchored with the very fine detail and patterns in the ice.

Beautifully captured and executed.

Lon

Mark, I knew it would only be a matter of time until we’d see one of these beautiful ice scenes you’ve posted over time. Excellent overall process with the 9 image stack too…:+1:

A lot of fascinating shapes, colors and textures in this abstract ice shot, Mark! It would make a fun puzzle also!

Adhika, those are the long stems of the lilies, the red/orange/yellow blobs are the fresh leaves that grow in cold water (they’re green in warmer, summer water) and the brownish blobs are the old, decaying leaves.

Mark: Your ice abstracts from your pond are always a delight. Almost makes me want to live somewhere cold . . . almost :wink:. Beautiful image. >=))>