Black and white processing/printing

Hello,
I have a question regarding black and white processing, and printing. I recently submitted a few 8x10 photos to a print lab that I haven’t used before for prints, just to see their quality. I use a good monitor that I calibrate monthly. When I received the prints, the black and white had a slight magenta tint to it, but the color prints were spot on when I compared them to what I was seeing on my monitor. Just curious if I’m missing something when it comes to black and white…?
Thank you

Doug, we need more info in how you processed the images.

For example, if you processed the image in Photo Shop and kept the color space in (say) Adobe RGB, there’s a chance that there is a small magenta component that appeared in the print.

If you processed the image in true grey scale, then I would think that the lab that did the prints has a problem with their process, or materials.

Please tell us how you processed the image(s), and we can go from there to help you resolve the issue.
–P

Preston…

I use Lightroom Classic to process my photos. I used one of the “Lightroom” B/W presets to convert it to black and white.

Thanks for the info, @Doug_Tate.

I do not use LightRoom, so one of the LR gurus will need to chime in to help you out.
-P