Black-capped Chickadee

We’re entering another hot dry spell, so I went out after lunch yesterday in hopes that something unsual wouId be using my pools. About all I found were Goldfinches and Chickadees. However, in the evening we had a Cooper’s Hawk visit our backyard pond (no pictures of that, unfortunately).

I think this individual is an adult in molt given the general shabbiness of the plumage.The juveniles are looking very dapper right now. I liked the coincidence of the drop hanging from the drip and the one hanging from the beak. In post I moved the drip a bit relative to the bird as there was a little too much separation between them to suit my artistic taste.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
A yes with a question mark as I moved the drip a bit.

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with gimbal head from my blind, f/9, 1/200, iso 2000, flash at -2 EV, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5904x4376. Taken yesterday at 1:54 PM.

The water droplets definitely make this shot. Nicely composed and good background to complement the bird. Is there a bit of flash effect in the eye? I think your repositioning of the water droplet was a good idea.

Sweet little bird giving you a great pose. The addition of the repositioned water droplet is very interesting and ties in with the tiny droplet on the birds beak. Lovey background compliments the birds lower breast.

Great droplets and BG. I did think the eye was a bit cataract-y. But a lovely shot, Dennis.

Hi Dennis
You did a great job cutting and moving the water spout, but now that I know it was moved I can’t take my eyes off the water droplet. The Black-capped Chickadee has nice detail and looks like it has been in a long hot summer.
Peter

Good details in the bird, nice bg, and the water droplets add a nice touch. Well done.