Black Wasp/Bee?

I think this is considered a wasp, but I am not sure. He visited our flower garden a few weeks ago and I captured this. I appreciate your views, comments and critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 180 mm L macro lens on monopod, settings manual except for auto ISO. F9, 1/800, ISO 500. Edited in LR and Topaz AI Clear. Cropped down to about 65% of full frame.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wow Shirley, I can’t get over how clear and detail his eyes are, I feel like I’m look right into his mind. Amazing. I love the diagonal angle of the wasp. Also how the petals of the are all pointing out, also at angles. The whole image has quite a dynamic feel. Great photo.

1 Like

Shirley: What Linda said. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a wasp eye captured so clearly. Really good effort. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Shirley, I can’t help on the wasp/bee call, but that eye is amazing! The detailed look at the hair is also special. The colors mix well. An outstanding capture.

1 Like

Amazing clarity in the eye. dark insect on a bright yellow flower is often difficult to capture, but done well.

1 Like