Blue Anemone

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 200, 1/1250 @ f6.3, ISO 400

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

One of the earliest Spring flowers is the blue anemone, which spreads in small clusters; this one I shot backlit in the early morning sun in a local public garden.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Lovely, Ian. I really like the lighting on the main subject, including the backlit leaves below it. Nicely composed.

The purple color and the soft lighting immediately caught my attention. I also really like your DOF. Wonderful capture Ian.

Hi Ian, that’s a fine anemone portrait. Your selective focusing really separates it from the nicely blurred background and the back-lighting works well to show off the flower’s structure and colors.

Simply beautiful, Ian. The focus on the backlit flower (and it’s leaves) with the oof colors behind speaks well of a glorious, sunny spring day.

Very pretty profile of this Blue Anemone, Ian. I like the low angle and the back-lighting works very well in this case.