Blue & Green 2.0

Hey All!

I really appreciated the feedback I got on the last image I posted here a couple of days ago and tried to incorporate most of what was mentioned in this edit. It’s the same place, same time but slightly different composition

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I’d love any type of feedback.
The things I’m wondering about specifically though are

1. how do the darks/ shadows look for you? (I have a habit of going super dark that I want to step away from)

2. How does the S type leading line work for you, do your eyes shift to the bottom left a little too much?

3. how do you find the colour balance? it’s pretty close to analogous but I don’t know if something is off

1. are there any other thing you think would help make the image better?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

2 shots focus stacked brought into lightroom then photoshop with adjustments using dodge and burning & camera raw

Cheers!
Dale

Hi Dale. I like this image better, because my eye wants to see the detail in the foregrounds to some degree, I guess. But this is beautiful. I’m in the same situation, where I want the focal point to draw the eye and keep everything else on the darker side. There’s such a fine balance there, and I love the elegant qualities that black adds in the right places. I think you did great with this rendition personally, so I’ll add a congrats. I also like the fact that there is not too much blue in the water, but just a hint of it in the shadows. I think this is really pretty. The only thing I might add, is just to burn the foreground water highlight…just slightly down, so it doesn’t compete with the focal point, but that is such a minor nit, I’m not sure it’s worth mentioning!

Dale, I prefer this version to your prior similar post. This second image has a stronger foreground, I like having the flow of water below the rock (and not having the rock cut off), and seeing more detail in the rock. These things essentially address my comments in your prior post.

Otherwise, I’m good with the image as presented. As I said before in the prior post that I like the light emerging from the forest theme that you have going here.

Absolutely beautiful shot, I think I would like a crop from the bottom.