Blue & Green

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Hey! I’d love any feedback regarding the image and composition - wondering if there’s anything else I can do to add to the image & feel & what your thoughts are.

Cheers!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single shot duplicated and focus blended as the sky was too blown out. basic edits within photoshop with dodging/burning and camera raw

1 Like

Hi @dalegphoto, very nice composition. I like how you processed the scene, Foreground in shadows and the subject in background with a nice light. I would increase some details in the foreground but it’s a personal opinion, really a good shot. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Dale, I like the concept of the image, ie the bright falls and mist appearing out of the gloom of the forest. This is a matter of personal taste, but I think the foreground is too dark. If you are making the rock this prominent in the composition, I would like to see more details in it. I would pull back on the black point, and increase the luminosity a bit in the foreground. If there was more flowing water immediately around the rock this might have worked, but as presented the immediate foreground is almost all very dark rock.

As an alternate composition, I could also see a squarish crop, which crops from the bottom, retaining about 1/3 of the foreground rock, and cropping below the midground white water. This would place more emphasis on the trees and falls, while still leaving some element of the dark to light thing here. Just my $0.02

1 Like

Yes, I would agree with the former commenters. Lovely shot, and l love the way the eye moves from dark to light easily. But I would also love to see some more details in the foreground rock. Nice shot tho!

1 Like

Dale,

I really like the framing of the falls and how the clean, white of the water shows through the canopy of the deep forest. Interesting too that the falls are somewhat obscured, yet that doesn’t seem to upset their presence.

Agree with Ed on darkness. Just too dark really to enjoy the flow of the water, the detail below and even the trees up top. Of course there may be intent here to really portray the darkness of the forest, but at some point I think when the viewer has to squint a little… Great potential here.

Lon

1 Like