Blue Jay Taking Off

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any Canon 5Ds-r , f 8, 1/200, iso 800, 560mm.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. ADDEED MORE HEADROOM, ADJUSTED SATURATION.
2 Likes

Hi John. I like the bird’s pose and the grass in the background and foreground, but for me personally, there’s just too much motion blur in the bird.

John, you did a great job catching him on take off. I would prefer not as tight a crop, and allow him more room to fly away. I do like the tree and grass for a background. Nice.

Nice take off pose. I like the wing and body position. Yes it could be sharper especially in the head. I think the blue plumage and the green background is considerably oversaturated.

Thanks to all. Believe I’ve addressed most suggestions. Have been spending more time in my “bird tent” in order to catch the birds with good wing spread.

Wayne

John: you’ve captured a very striking pose. The re-post with the less saturated colors is a good improvement. Richard

Much better with the tamed blues

A nice shot, John. I’m not noticing the motion blur unless I look very critically, so it’s not bothering me. I do prefer the bird in the second version, but the tree in the background is starting to get rather bright looking.

Thanks Dennis, Agree on the tree trunk.