Bluebells at home

Today I have been on a discovery tour in my back yard . I have to do it more often !!

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome of course .

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

5 Likes

Ben, it is very fitting that this image is from you, it would have made your fellow Dutch countryman M.C. Escher very proud !!!

For the life of me I cannot figure out what is up, down, or sideways. This is the ultimate mind-bender image. Parts of it look right, and parts of it look both wrong but right at the same time. It really gets me engaged with the image. I don’t know how you saw this, but I like it very much!!

I think this one calls for an Escher Haiku…

2 Likes

@Ed_McGuirk , Ed what a stunning comment on this image. I am happy to bring you in confusion .
I am not going to explain. But maybe this haiku will bring the light.

Bluebells on the bank
Blocking trunks at the canal
Kept from sliding in

wow!
This so cool.
This one sure make one stop and look, and think and enjoy.

1 Like

Ben,
This is a bit of a mind bender and certainly worthy of M. C. Escher as @Ed_McGuirk already suggested. I have viewed this for a while now trying to figure out how you created this engaging scene and I think I might have figured it out. I rotated the image 45 degrees CC and everything seemed to fall in place. Anyway thanks so much for sharing this and getting me to put the thinking cap on.

Very unusual perspective and comp, but I like it very much.

In addition to the mind bending effect I think this is a very beautiful image. I like it very much! Eventually, you could darken the canal a tad.