Blueberry Lake

Blueberry Lake

This is a place that for me evokes, peace, unity and true love of family, and being together. This is a place that makes me come back to center and balance.

Technical Details

Composite: No
iPhone 12 pro

Oh this is lovely. So tranquil, yet dramatic. I just went outside and shot a couple scenes with my iPhone 11 - amazing how good that camera actually is. While I like this scene, I wonder at the darkness of the treetops and their comparatively lighter reflection. That doesn’t happen without making it so - reflections are always darker than what casts them. I’d consider trying to make that more natural and possibly your whites could come up a little - maybe just the highlights. I can see why you’re drawn to this scene. It’s just lovely.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback and I will try your suggestions and will repost. It is so wonderful helpful to see these images through someone else’s eyes…

Lovely scene but, as @Kris_Smith said, I wonder if the processing has gone too far. The tops of the trees seem too dark. Maybe some lighting was brushed onto the trees? It always helps to give a little information about processing.

1 Like

Pretty much agree with the previous assessments. Excellent comp and light, but maybe need to find a way to handle the dark tree tops.

Lorraine, I agree with Diane’s assessment here. If you are willing to discuss how the image was processed, I think you will find a number of folks here who would be happy to discuss how to approach the processing differently. What strikes me is that the sky and the reflection in the water look relatively gently processed, while the trees and island look much too heavily processed. This would fit with the theory that the island looking this way is something done in processing.

I you are looking for alternate processing suggestions, maybe also try posting the un-editted image, and that might might help steer some of our suggestions too.

1 Like

Yes, Thank you and I so much appreciate the feedback. I will provide more specifics about the processing which I did using Lightroom (mobile version) as soon as I am done with work.

Thank you again for all the feedback. The issue is I agree with the processing. I took the photograph with my IPhone Pro and processed it on Lightroom. I believe, and I don’t remember for certain that I may have done something on PS Express and I think that’s were the light on the tree issue happened….

I processed in Lightroom using the Apple Pro Raw profile and then worked on exposure, saturation, luminance color , etc, until the image resembled what I had tried to capture and then -payed with it in PS express where I faintly recall playing with the image and the illumination only over the island increasing. I liked the effect and left it. Again, I am sorry I can’t be more specific because I don’t remember and there is no history saved on the app.

To be honest, this is not a favorite picture of mine, I like how it looks, but I never found it impressive. I chose to have this one critique because when “Non-photographers” have given me feedback, it is always a”wow” but other than that, I have not gotten any specifics to help me learn and improve the photo. From your feedback, I can see what you are referring to and understand what you r recommendations and feedback. I VERY much appreciate it.

Lessons learned:
Make note of what processing I did (so I can either avoid it or replicate it again)

Make sure not to “just process a picture” and remain content with the outcome, but also be attentive to the details that can impact and image (ie incongruences within ).

Thank you again, your feedback is very valuable and much appreciated.