Breakfast Time #2 & repost

Reworked, cropped and darkened fur on body in ll…

Description: Another pose of my deer friend from the other morning eating her breakfast and watching me watching her!

Specific Feedback Requested: Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D3400, 300mm, f/6.3, 1/500, ISO 3200, converted to black and white

Is this a composite? no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A nice shot of the deer looking very tolerant of you and doing something cute. But you have a difficult perspective with the body occupying 1/6 of the frame with not enough interesting lighting on it. You might crop from the left as far as possible without crowding the ear and do a gradient darkening from the LL corner.

1 Like

Hey @Diane_Miller I see what you mean, does this look better? I cropped vertically and darkened the fur In llc by slightly moving down shadows, blacks and highlights, also sharpened it a tad….

Your software may be too limiting, but a gradient burn from the LL would help a lot. I wouldn’t have cropped quite so close to the ear. That also left an issue of the BG stem being too close to the edge. You don’t want distractions at edges.