Bullock's Oriole

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Some friends told me that they have an active nest of Bullock’s Orioles at their house and invited me to visit and try my luck shooting them. Since I never see them here I could not resist the chance. This is one of the shots I got in the “golden hour” this morning.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice pose and good detail. I like the setting as well. My only thought would be to see if the oriole could be lighter.

This is a pleasing image with excellent pose, perch, and background. I think the Oriole looks fine with respect to luminosity, at least on my monitor.

Nice job with very good detail in the Oriole and a sweet head turn, Dave. Those “Golden Hours” get pretty short this time of year-more like 30 minutes on a sunny morning. You managed nicely though as the shadows are still very mellow. I do think a bit more head room would be nice, but a fine image as posted.

Very nice, David! The whole bird and scene has a very pleasant, fresh, sunny morning feeling! I think there’s plenty of light on the bird and it’s a good composition with the diagonal branch.