Buoys

In my introduction, I mention that I do “street-style” landscape photography. It’s really nothing new. Photographers have been doing it for a long time. It’s just what I call it. Basically, I have my camera with me, no tripod, and walk around an area and shoot what looks interesting, as if I’m shooting on the street. No planning. Just walk up, take the shot, and move on. My favorite street style is high contrast black and white so I try and bring that out into nature.

This may look like a long exposure, but it isn’t. The lake was completely calm and I took several shots from various angles. This was my favorite. I chose the 16:9 crop because there was a bit of dead space at the top and bottom.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all.

Technical Details

Leica M10 Monochrom. f/8.0, 1/180, ISO 160. Summicron 35mm lens.

David, I am starting to venture off the tripod these days and your images are inspiring me to do even more. The B&W treatment gives this a real artistic feel to the image. I like the rich dark blacks at the horizon. And the floats lead me nicely into the scene. Outstanding.

1 Like

Thank you, David. I look forward to seeing your images!

“Street shooting” is my m.o., too. I hardly ever use a tripod. Just sling the camera over your shoulder and go. Which works find until the bushwhacking starts - ha ha.

This is lovely. Those dark, dark blacks are so rich. The 16:9 aspect works well.

1 Like

Thanks, Bonnie. Yes, hand-held is the way to go until you encounter some water that you want to make smooth or the dynamic range is so great that you need to bracket. Fortunately, those circumstances don’t happen too often with what I normally shoot.